Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Knock knock

.

Can you open the door?

It’s raining out here

Didn’t know it would rain

Didn’t wear my rain gear

Can you listen a minute?

It’s noisy in here

Didn’t know of the party

Didn’t know they’d be here

Can you give me a ride?

My feet are so tired

Didn’t think I’d wear out

Always seemed I was wired

Can we sit for a minute?

Can I put my head down?

Didn’t think I could lose

Didn’t know I could drown

Can we climb that sweet mountain?

Can we just keep on going?

Don’t you think that it’s pretty?

That distant horizon?

Can you open the door?

Can you just let me in?

Didn’t think you’d forget this

Don’t you know who I am?


Tonight I found an old folder. Sadness really does suck. But then one day sadness reigns in an adjacent throne. Gotta just hold onto the tenderness. Those wounds that rip your heart open are the very footings that bring you joy as you fill them with subsequent wonders. It's just love and it's just a heart and it's just pain. The tenderest meat is the most delectable once you finally sit down to the feast.

And oh, I am weary and tired tonight.
...be with me
...I know you'll be with me

.

No comments:

Post a Comment