Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Postcard from the edge

Aside from being too trusting and gullible, what's wrong with believing in the goodness of another? It's been my experience in the majority of cases, that perhaps I have a different set of values than others do. Does that mean that I'm right or that they are wrong? I don't think so. I think it just means that 'we' are at different places and define things like honesty, sincerity, integrity or authenticity a little differently. Some define these measures as compared to their own wants and needs, and some define them in relation to all of us.

Every time I realize pain or disappointment I don't point a finger because how do I know whether it is 'he' or 'I' who have not ascended to a 'higher' understanding? And if I knew, would it matter? Would one be more important than the other? I don't think so.

I have but one job to do- to live my life in a state of grace and love (starting with me). Sometimes when I reach a peak in my journey I think I can see it, not too far away now.

You are beautiful. You always were and you always will be. In my heart, you are wonderful, wherever you are (but oh how I wish you were here).

No comments:

Post a Comment