Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the magic crayon

The sunset's kinda gray tonight. I think, maybe, I missed it. I'm staring at the motionless hills which don't seem to be craning their necks, searching for a glimpse of color somewhere in the horizon. Makes me wonder if, maybe, they can't see.

Every time my heart breaks a little or maybe a lot, I wonder if it's because I don't give enough to love. Or maybe it's that I never take enough from love. I have also wondered if maybe, it isn't love.

But isn't love everywhere? Everywhere you shine your heart or see the good, or understand the pain, or give or take. There isn't much I know, but of this I'm sure. Love is a choice we make when the choice is worth making- when the fear of loss loses to the realization that you'll starve without it. So is that when love is real- when you simply choose to want it? Is that when love swoops in and colors your sunset, or bows down and kisses the earth?

So what is it that you want? What do I want? Is there a magic list of haves or have nots? Show me yours, and I'll show you mine. Maybe we could just make one together. But I just want to warn you- I start sentences with conjunctions and I like to color outside the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment