Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My foggy notion

Looking out over the hills this morning, all I could see was the cloudy white sea beneath my feet.  A mere feet below my footing was a thick fog that masked thousands of heartbeats, dreamers and doings which all slept peacefully in its pillowed softness.  Its thickness was so inviting, causing me to think about stepping off, and into it.  Is there any way that it could hold me?  Or would I just drown in its fluidity? Surely I could not fall, or if I did, I would not be harmed.  It was far too beautiful.

Dreaming out loud- when you have already woken- when you are already walking with your consciousness...
the fog was real.  The air was gray and heavy and before long, the distinct line that had been the sea's surface started to evaporate into an undefined thickness that permeated upward, as if it was smoke. I lost sight of the trees, except their fingertips reaching out to me.

How is it that water moves up?  Isn't fog water?  How do we avoid doing the ordinary?  Have the courage to rise above? Give up? Move on? Not worry? There was some kind of magic that held me above the sea, that allowed the sea to reach up toward me, and kindled the reaching of my beautiful trees.


The late morning sun has burned away the fog and seems to be dancing with the cool breeze that brings the whispers from the trees.  The birds who were silent in this morning's chill are now singing their songs of thrill. And I who wept this morning for what had drowned in that cloud, now feel grateful for these dreams I dream aloud.

How is it that anything can be so wonderful?  It is because no matter what, we choose wonder.  We choose it in the dark and the light, the day or the night, in dreams and in waking, in giving or taking.

The space between the water drops or the molecules of air that we breathe that are filled with whatever we choose.  That is where g~d is, that is what we are.

It is in the long shadows within the shade
it waits for me til I call its name

It is grimmest gray as it hugs yearning earth
dowsing parched, withered greens, quenching their thirst

It is explosive light trapped in a singular cloud
unabashedly longing to be bursting out

It is the dark within a dreary, cold night
that reaches for more, as it craves warmth and light

It is rising sun's splendor kissing ocean's still plane
til its rushing and swelling spawns joy's crashing wave

It is spilling your soul into hands cupped with care
that hold it so dear, just let go - and you're there

It is in the long shadows within the shade
I dance madly, gladly, calling its name


 



No comments:

Post a Comment