Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Call it whatever you want... it just is

It was like that morning that I woke up and my door was open and the fog was creeping in.  I couldn't see my feet as I walked across the vast expanse of my room, to see if I should shut the door.  I don't even know if I was dreaming, I didn't know if it was even real... I'm still not sure if I should have closed that door, but I couldn't see my feet anymore, in that crazy dream.


How do you know what
is not love?
Is there a way to decipher
what isn't enough?
This silly thing that
wears my face
Is it nothing more than
a game or a race
It can’t be love if
I do not win
Or can it be?
 Just a sliver?
Could it have been love,
if what I'm thinkin'
is what you never gave me
cuz who would I be
loving then
if I love me, more than
I love you
Is it still love?
Maybe it was love,
if I remember
 the time you saved me
Was it love…
All those times that
I stood by
Hoping
you would feel the wonder
Hoping
you would hear my heart
Or was it something else I was
Just trying to prove
to myself?
OH SHIT...
did I fail to listen to yours?
I swear I tried,
but the overbearing of
your silence seems to
have deafened me
and I cannot feel
what it is
that you want
How can you learn of love,
this strange and unfamiliar
Thing we never knew to know?
Do I take it down, break it down,
whittle it
Into something shiny and new
Each time I fail it?
Do I strangle the
life out of it
as I hold it too closely
smothering it?
Is love ever going to be
something a little more to me,
than this madness of me, always
trying to save myself?
Why isn’t there a formula
To tell me what is wrong and
What is right?
Why isn’t there a rule
That makes love each
Person’s right?
Maybe if I just hang on, hoping
That someday if I hang on
real tight
that love will see me
that love will need me, or
Love will want me enough
not to hurt me... and just maybe
Love will choose to chase me
And Love will take me home.
Where I will lay
safely in its nest
of warm arms
all night long.

And then I will know
how beautiful we are,
and how delicious
love is.
I think that is how
it will feel.
But I don't know
if I am dreaming,
or if any of this is
real.


It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.  'Cause you get what you chase, when you're chasing your bliss.                    

2 comments:

  1. WTF? What happened to the title? I m pretty sure you do know what love is.Yours is the sweetest I have ever known.Listening to you is like seeing yourself in the Milky Way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's very sweet, thank you.
    Today I'm finding it easier to forgive myself, as well as spare others from a potentially offensive expression.
    It's so funny that you said that about the Milky Way. I can't believe you remembered, but what's really funny, is that when I came home tonight, I looked up and there it was, again. And once again, I was that same significant light in the middle of something so far away, so close and so wonderful. You honor me with your kindness!
    Bliss,
    Lala

    ReplyDelete