Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Friday, August 5, 2011

The gimpy gull part deux

Hobbling down the beach today with my sexy brace and crutches, the water never felt so good on my feet (I wanted so badly to be playing in it) and the wind never felt so good as it did messing up my hair.  For hours I sat watching people running, jumping, playing, riding waves, laughing, smiling and being blissed.  Every one of them, in their happiness, was so damn beautiful.

The short hair, the long, tousled curly hair, the blonde and the black hair... the curvy, the skinny, the muscular and the fluffy ones... so damn beautiful

The finale was an older couple, both a bit hunched.  Both with skinny legs and pot bellies.  She carried an oxygen tank and he bore a lot of wrinkles.  When they looked away from the water and at each other I could not help but wonder which was more beautiful to them; the ocean or their other.

Just another Friday at Torrey Pines.

What you see is what you are... and what you are feels beautiful.  Gawd... I can't wait to be whole again.  I can't wait to be in love again.  I can't wait til I am squealing again, like a little child running down the beach... lost in her excitement.

It will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment