Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

What he said...

I am tired of hearing what God is from head-tripping men. I am tired of hearing what God is from isolationists on a spiritual quest. I am tired of hearing what God is from lovers of detachment. I want to hear about a juicy God, a creative God, a relational God, a God that arises when we jump into life and stop playing it safe, watching it race by like a passing train. Its time for the dancers to tell us what God is. Its time for the artists to tell us what God is. Its time for the lovers to tell us what God is. We are not here to watch God from afar. We are here to live God from the inside out. -Jeff Brown


And I saw God

In the glistening captured sun in the early morning's dew

And I heard God

In the thunderous pleasure that spilled from my singing lips

And I felt God

In the edge of the leaf that grazed me as it rode your breath home

And I tasted God

In your offering as I ate from your hands all bloodied

And God touched me

When you looked into my eyes

1 comment: