Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Owner of a loner's heart

So was this going to be just another day of Valentines
where I sat back, resenting the day because love had just walked out my door again?

Resigned to abort this pregnant moment for it was empty if not filled
by my own heart's supposed pleasures- - so most assuredly, born to fail.

Until I opened the door of joy to a place just beyond me, beyond
what it is I wished to see. It was you- I saw your love and I believed.

Now I know.
Now I know just how delicious love can be, for in my heart was your love, which I let engulf the heart of me.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of those who profess their love! I loved this day, after all, because I let the love that filled it, fill me. There were beaming little children handing me Smarties and Kisses, there were love swept lovers receiving flowers and balloons, there were songs of promise and loss that filled the air. There was love-it was everywhere. And I licked it up, letting their love become my love. I gave thanks for all of the beauty that I touched and tasted. This magical act of surrender bulldozed the loneliness right out of my heart.  Thank you.

Plus, don't forget that

Love is an energy that is neither created nor destroyed;
it simply transforms as it
ignites...
grows...
burns ferociously...
quiets...
glows as embers...
or scatters across the universe as dancing ashes. . ..   . . ... . . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment