Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Comfortably numb

Dizzied by the waves as they try to come to me
Swept off my feet wondering if they ever really knew me
I don't understand the words of these whipping winds that skew me
I'll just stand back now and watch out for you

All of these old poems, these last few weeks, re-alized as I looked inside myself, wondering when love would come to me. It's hard. It's hard to stand at the edge of the stream, thirsting, but not able to drink the cool waters. It's painful to want to baptize yourself in the healing waters, but not able to open the gate to get there. Love is the natural answer to everything, so why is it just a four letter word to so many?




No comments:

Post a Comment