Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just a spoonful of sugar... helps

Swallow it- that smooth little pill which battles
the disease that cloud the gut
To arm you with the strength of truth and light,
holding our sickness at bay
Weren't you the one who didn't let me
swallow the tantalizing poison?
Weren't you the one who let me taste the raw blood
of your beautiful soul?
With all of the thorns of truth and ugliness,
naked in its own?
...disarming the thief in me
who would have taken your will to be better?

I always thought that I was here to help you, but it was you who helped me. I'm sorry that it took me so long to see you. Thank you for walking me home, Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment