Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

I broke the sweetest heart tonight
'twas one that I thought was gone forever
I melted all over the place
...his face as I fizzled in my own tears
til his warm heart and
long strong arms reached out
to touch me, to hold me, to be with me
and his true soul became the grace that held me

no longer my babe,
now the man
of strength and steel
the man who cared more
for another than for his own self
the man who heard me cry and felt my pain
He chipped off the old block and became
something more beautiful...something so much better

So proud of you, son!

No comments:

Post a Comment