Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

little yellow flowers


Clearing the stagnant clutter
in the pile of good intentions
to find only one little remnant
of a memory which I once thought to love

Hadn't I exorcised this demon
a hundred times before?
Had I not freed the hostage
of my will, my hope, my yearning?

The little yellow flowers meant
nothing to me in terms of wishes
anymore, nothing instead of reality's dream
now just the day's light, burning

And yet I stared, wondering
what
why
when
how
why not?

And when I let it go
I saw beautiful yellow flowers
for what they were and
not for what I had once wished them to be

For they are beautiful
and love is always lovely
and only weightless, soaring high toward heaven
can we fill the emptied, ready heart with glee

Last year I rented a dumpster to dispose of the unnecessary, remnant junk that was weighing me down. I THOUGHT I might have trouble filling it. But I filled it three times, each time to the point of overflowing. Sometimes you have just got to burn down the house. And sometimes, what survives becomes the surprise gift you never saw coming. Gratitude for good, in spite of bad. Let me always be bathed in this grace, and in the love you gave me- even if it was just for a little while. 
 For everything that is bathed in the light of grace, is, and always will be, love. 
Bow to your own heart, your greatest teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment