Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

.surrender

Isn't it better to bleed
than not to?
To break cleanly, than
to be jaggedly ripped?
Would it not be better to cry
than to drown in the
flood of your own
stagnant pool of pain?
Jump through the air
and be blessed by the thrill
of the fall
not broken as you tumble down
the mountain side, ripping and
bumping against every jagged edge,
slowly, painfully dying?

The morning of the densest fog
I remember it well
I thought it looked as if I
would drown in its depth,
suffocate in its thickness...
til I swam through its wonder,
weightless
in the space between the drops
the place where pain and blood
and death
are what save you
from yourself

The morning I jumped
to my death
and in that moment
I lived forever

surrender:attachment to friggin' nothing other than the ecstasy of "is"

No comments:

Post a Comment