Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

be.ing

Flowers in gardens
a multitude of pretty
but what about those
that grow in the wild
the ones that survive
in the heat of thirst
the one that lives to
kiss just one bee
all alone in the field
midst the weeds
all alone
without a gardener
or a cool garden hose
or someone
to adore its beauty
Is it not more lovely
for all it has done
to live and to grow
and to be
beautiful?

Show me something real
show me your wounds and your
battle scars- what you have become
show me your withered leaves
so beautiful
for having lived
for having grown
for having longed
to be loved by the bees
so I can see you
show me something beautiful,
please

No comments:

Post a Comment