Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

a good death

When I let go I can see things
I never thought to think to see
The swirls in the lucky stained glass heart
Or the curves within the witch’s ball
The fly who perches upon my glass
Whether he’s licking the salt or craving the lime
All things that I see when I take the time
And sometimes I remember how it felt
Driving down that road with the wind
Blowing furiously, my longish hair, in my face
Sticking to my glossy lips, which smile
When I touch them because life,
In spite of itself, is more beautiful
Than its hardness that once petrified me
And made me bleed from my repentant knees
If just for a little while
But death is so good
When it clears the way for
Sticky lips and glassy curves
And stained, swirling glass
That always, always makes me smile
For
No reason other than,
Being beautiful, being lucky...
being blissed

No comments:

Post a Comment