Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Beholden to you

In a whisper that should have seemed so sweet
He exclaimed how beautiful I was to see

I asked if then he had seen me dance
On the leaves of the trees which the wind did hail

Or had he heard the crumpled leaves which
Swayed in the breath of my new song?

Had he seen me burn in the heat
Of night’s distant, twinkling light?

Did he feel my cringe while I watched
A starving child who could not be touched?

Could he smell the sweat of the long, hard day
When I wasn’t sure I could take any more?

Did he watch me care about the dying man
Who never even knew I was there?

I wondered if he saw me there, dancing on the swaying leaves
And I wondered how beautiful he was, for this, I’m afraid, I could not yet see…

(Awww c'mon... tell me what you did see...please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment