Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Defensive driving

I wondered about you today
You left a mark on my table
or maybe it was my car
(or maybe it was my heart)

I remember all the things you
said to me and how I believed
that you really meant them
(you opened my eyes and my world)

My car crawled through
your sweet little town today and
sent you love and light
(I hope you felt it)

I wondered if you thought of me
if you still thought about the
time we spent together
(do you ever think of me?)


That night as we were touching
I wrote my name across your heart
the way I write my dreams in the sky
(Did you feel me?)

Driving by the water today
I heard a beep and turned to see
that place we laughed together
(Oh how I loved our laughter)

I wrote my name again today in
the dreamy, cloudy sky, and in
the sand beneath my feet
(the sky is my slate, the clouds like chalk)

Those moments in life
where love and light are true,
are always written in the sky
(Did you see me there, over you?)

Love n light 2 U, babe...

No comments:

Post a Comment