Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Meta tags

I'm sitting in the stuffy, warm loft waiting for the night's cool air to come drifting through and touch me.  The best thing about this day was that I gave joy and laughter to a crowd of people that I love.  It was a slideshow filled with memories of the last three years.  The most wonderful moment for me came when everyone laughed in unison and I realized what a unifying force laughter is.  A good number of the memories were triggered by events that I created, so there was a humble pride that swelled in my chest.  What an amazing thing it is to witness others' receiving of a gift. 

Tonight following my yoga practice, I will assume my meditative position, practicing meta-tation.  This is the sending of love.  First, it is to all of those that you love daily.  Then those whom I miss will follow.  Then I'll probably choose the victims of some plight which I am so fortunate to not be part of.  I will end with those who have hurt me- hoping that they still feel the love that I send.  In closing I will send the love that I hope to give, with gratefulness for the ability to love as I do.

And yes, although getting love is not the motive for giving it- it always come back to me.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. ¨What an amazing thing it is to witness others´ receiving of a gift.¨

    Yes, it is!

    Thank you for opening your heart and mind at the same time, and being open to all those beautiful buffeting winds.

    :)

    ReplyDelete