Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dried fruit

.
gasping for air under the sea
my breath just keeps running out
an unsealed balloon let go then shouts
lands limp and lifeless, run aground

well of water now run so dry
hardened, unable to soak up a drop
from rain, mist, or heart wrenching pain
rolls away, runs away, just can't stop

scrounging for crumbs to feed this thing
a hunger that just keeps crying out
foraging forests and breaking off limbs
maybe it's time to stop and sit this out

starving this fever to nourish my soul
when drawing in breath lets the living begin
stowing safe in this canopy's green
til the ground is ready to thirst again

I have certainly lost more than I've won, but I know that what matters most is not the grounding, falling or breaking- but the intoxication of the journey and the learning.  You are loved.  You are. 

.

1 comment:

  1. You are.

    I don´t know what it means to have lost more than I´ve won, but maybe someday I will. I´ll treasure the wisdom you shared.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete