Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, November 16, 2009

a new moon

Prancing down a darkened trail

lights have all gone out

The sun has settled in to rest as

creeping critters greet the night


Whispers from the hidden eyes

which never see the light

follow me to another world

where they can be so bright


I cannot see the moon tonight

It hides its face from me

But in its place I see the stars

The ones you picked for me


Inside the dark and frigid night

I watch with wonderment

As stars propelled by magic's spell

Race quickly across the heavens


I cannot see the moon tonight

It hides its light from me

But in its place within the dark

Shines splendor in a new me


The night guard watches, waiting

As the new moon hides its face

The owl cuts loose and rises

Giving dark's stars quite the chase


The cold but silent chill I feel

Brings shivers from within

But oh the stars that light the sky

Make quite the raucous din


I cannot feel the moon tonight

It hides its pull from me

But in its place the stars whisper

Their quiet secrets to me

No comments:

Post a Comment