Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Thank YOU

.
It is only in the light of our grateful hearts that we can truly live.


So it is that time of year when we are reminded to be thankful. This is like making wishes on your birthday or committing to resolutions for the new year… personal indulgences that are sometimes a little too rare.

Gratefulness is as important to me as oxygen, laughter, thought or love. I am not sure that I would enjoy any of the latter elements quite so much, if it weren’t for the former. Each one of us has traveled a unique path which has landed us where we are right now. I know that if I had not known love, its loss or its want, I would not possess the love that I do today. If I had not fallen so hard or often, I would not have learned the art of picking myself up. If I had not had compassion for my own flaws, I would not hear or understand your heart.

Within the differences between us lies in waiting, an appreciation of that which is not of me. And in this disparity awaits my greatest opportunities- the chance to learn something new, and then honor the divine within you.

When we embrace the stillness that lies between the raindrops, or between the molecules of water within those drops; we breathe beauty beyond measure. When we can see beyond the hurt that has been inflicted on us, to the pain of our perpetrators; we know peace. When we feel grateful for the loss of our weaknesses (and maybe even laugh at ourselves), we know wisdom. When we lay naked, hopeful and trusting, we know love.

In this time that we are encouraged to be thankful I find myself most grateful that I am able to revel in your goodness. I honor that which you have to teach me. I crave that which you have to offer, and I wait for that which you will share with me. It is the giving and receiving of our true selves that liberates us to new heights of beauty, wisdom, peace and love. These are the things that I am thankful for- every minute of every day.

Perhaps gratefulness IS my oxygen, thoughts, laughter and love...

Namaste,
Laura

1 comment: