Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

the eighth wonder

Mouth wide open
I stare
In disbelief
This beautiful thing
This element stricken
Monument of intoxication,
A certain rise, this my heart’s elation

Invisible my
Wide-eyed watch spies
Unspeakable awe in
This world’s new wonder
This resurgence
Of power and might,
A force so lovely, so damn right

Hand outstretched
I reach
Hope-filled to touch
This masterpiece
This ethereal dream
Built by wind, heat and rain
Which forsakes for beauty, the damning pain

1 comment:

  1. "This resurgence Of power and might,
    A force so lovely, so damn right"

    I like this part of your entry the best.

    ReplyDelete