Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Owl be here

Cover me with your big, strong chest
    strong arms shield me from these elements
Shake me with your immortal kisses
        fill my every crevice with your strength and vigor
Hold me close with your eternal heart
    as I lead you through your inner war
Take me! through these glistening mines
        where danger dares not to define US




*************************************

Take me
Shake me
Rock me
Break me

Be the force that overtakes me

Thrill me
fill me
hold me
kill me

Be the light that will


*I think it's kind of funny that I sometimes write the same thing in a different format. But, then, aren't all songs about the love of something? Life is about nothing other than love. 


** I was "praying" today for the wisdom to fix my own heart's rifts and chasms. In this fixing I want no part of blaming anyone, so my epoxy must be compassion. Sometimes it's the compassion that we give to ourselves that heals from the inside out. But sometimes, it takes the love and understanding of another to just cauterize the bleeding.



No comments:

Post a Comment