Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

My foolish heart
that tumbles with weeds
that giggles in folly
and begs for love's plea

awakened in tears of
the early morning's fog
or lulled by the chorus
of the crickets' rhythmic song

my heart becomes one with
the patter of the rain
or the rushing of a river
whether to swell or sadly drain

my foolish heart joins
the echoes of the thunder in the hills
never thinking for a moment
of the possibility of its will- or its won't

In the butterfly so free or
the howling young coyote
the call of the beckoned love
is what my heart sees clear enough

in the face of the man whose
name I never knew
my heart bowed down before his
kindness, before his love of you

and I loved him
for just one moment
for his beauty and his song
that can be heard in the
flitting of the butterfly's wings
the call of the coyote
the river's rushing mightily
as the rain pours down gently
tickling my laughing soul

for love is love is love

even just for a moment


No comments:

Post a Comment