Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Zeus

In an early morning hour I was abruptly woken by silence.  All that I could see beyond my door was the gray that clung to the pine branches.  Quiet was the obvious force which commanded me to look around and see that it was just me in a world of silence.

A few thoughts made their best efforts to muddle around my head, but I banished them all.  Especially the one that has been aching and nagging me.  "Pain, pain, go away, come back some other day..."


Before long I heard a noise which lingered in the distance. It soon came again, but with a bit more volume and vibration.  Thunder delightfully filled the air, my ears and my heart. What is it about that overpowering, omnipotent force to which our souls submit, that sets us free?  These reverberations of greatness always seem to calm me.  As my soul danced in the exhilaration of all of the mayhem, the gentle, steady rain began.

While I stirred my coffee I looked out and saw one hilltop, not too far away, loosely wrapped in a wispy ribbon of cloud.  Hey, thank you for the gifts.  Always, always, be thankful for whatever comes.



1 comment:

  1. Your comment about the thunder reminds me of what I wrote you about the sense of peace I feel when I´m in the presence of live, loud, heavy, hard hitting Metal music. Interesting. It makes my soul feel free. That´s exactly it. To me, that paragraph is totally heavy metal. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete