Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Saved by the quell

There was a time in my life when I was a control freak.  It was impossible to think that anyone could possibly have done things the way they needed to be done- my way.

One day I realized that all people were beautiful and smart, and had their own rights to perfection, as they saw it.  That was the day that I started to love life, and love others.

Now I like watching things unfold and enjoying the humor in all of our imperfections because imperfections are real (and sometimes they're damn funny!).  Perfection is not- it's just an impairment which prohibits us from living and breathing deeply.

Whew...

1 comment:

  1. This title set me laughing. When I was 18 I was saved by the Kwell also. Dang Phillipine layover. Regarding paragraph two, does this include the guy with the police dog and the photo album? I´m still trippin´ on that story.

    ReplyDelete