Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Many times, recently, I have heard that the gift of grace is our birthright. That our love from God is a given, and that we have just to claim it. This makes me think of my own children and how I love them. Even when they are difficult and I wished they lived elsewhere, all I have to do is remember their first smiles, or their greatest accomplishments, and I'm back where I should be.

Does God ever despair about us? Do our judgments and misdeeds ever dishearten the greatest heart? Or is this love beyond measure so immune to our shortcomings, because it only sees the good? Does it know that everything else is merely a  stepping stone into a baptism of acceptance which will wash over us, over and over again- as the waves of the ocean kiss the shore? Or maybe, just maybe, there is no judgment, no "God." How could anything that is supposed to be pure love, EVER judge us? Maybe God is just the force of love this world has to offer. Maybe it's just the love inside of us...inside of me. Maybe I Am.

You must have been the heart of God
when Love was what God thought of

In the radiance of your loving kindness
You ignited the sky's lights by the billions

And in morning's gift of sky so blue, I swear-
God loves me more, when my thoughts are of you

In you, so right, I am blessed and beloved
for you must have been what God thought of

When God first thought to Love


No comments:

Post a Comment