Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, March 18, 2013

dreaming is free

there was a brilliant glow turning black into light,
as breathlessly I beckoned the call of my flight
the earth stopped its spin, ending the race
tell me -
              what did I see before I saw your face?

the black sky was so still as if frozen in time
awaiting the change to a thaw most divine
then came morning's light melting ice into blue
tell me-
            what did I drink before I drank you?

tickled and silly and drowning in space
the euphoric end of hearts wild, without pace
I surrender to you and beckon this death
tell me-
            did I ever breathe before you were my breath?

a hungry mingling of souls' limbs to touch
this heated fury of waters that rush
swimming in a notion known by so few
tell me-
            what was love before I loved you?

No comments:

Post a Comment