Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mr. Toasty

Like lightning that stretches across the desert sky
You lit up the sky on the darkest night
My mouth watered and my heart was cryin
Not enough water though, to put out your fire...
When you set the hills ablaze with your smile
Drilling holes through my heart with those laughing eyes
Leaking droplets could not quench the thirsty drought
Which I could have avoided had I thought to doubt
Your call through the night that set the desert aflame
With this ravaging fire that my heart dares not tame
But it cries, and it tries to quell the desire
Not enough water though, to put out this fire

and so I burn

ashes to ashes 
us to us
love for one is
never enough

3/31 Just read this again, remembering the day I met him and the way he set my world on fire. It was years before the smoldering dissipated. I still remember. I remember all of the excitement and heat, the dizzying, magical spell I was cast in. Now it's a fond memory. But my heart remembers the intoxication. What I'll never know is why. How do we fall like that? I have fallen again, since, but now I know just to enjoy it. Love is a wonderful gift to enjoy, not to be taken lightly, and not to be owned. Like a rushing breeze it comes, and it goes. Lucky is when we find that front that sticks around for quite awhile. Maybe we get smart enough to follow it.

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely a beautiful writer. Trying to decipher the Alanis lyric "my favorite past time: edge stretching" brought me here. I still don't know wtf edge stretching is but glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind- thank you!

      Instead of thinking or acting outside of a box, you can just stretch its edges and think a bit differently.

      I can't tell you how thrilled I was when I read Alanis's lyrics.

      Be blissed,
      Laura

      Delete