Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I. Own. U.

As someone who adores the stars that symbolize the great big Universal Energy from which we come, I dutifully stared into a relatively blank sky last night for quite some time. I got a little dizzy wondering what was furiously spinning out there in the great unknown. There was one little patch of the western sky, to which my eyes were drawn, where two of the brightest bulbs I have ever noticed- Venus and Jupiter, pierced the otherwise darkened canvas. Earlier in the day I read an excerpt of a verbose explanation that told me that when these two planets convene (should happen Thursday) it will produce what will appear to be the brightest star- yes, the one that was known to be the star of Bethlehem. I chuckled, because, hey- what do you know- not a star at all.

Many people follow what they are told to. Mostly because they never thought to think differently. Yesterday I was thinking about how much easier it is to live in ignorance where you don't have to do the inner work, and find your own truths. I suppose that at times of great unrest when our religions of majority were created, it was helpful to employ practical ignorance. But now we live in a world where knowledge grants us permission to believe in the very thing Jesus told us about our own power- that we have it. However inconvenient to most churches this is, it is the truth when we strip away the confines of religious faith and live in the light of our own hearts- the most brilliant light of all.

Imprisoning ourselves doesn't begin or end with religion. Its evidence is everywhere that we allow ourselves to be relegated to a belief about ourselves- whether it is that we are sinful, fat, short, sick, right, wrong or powerless. What we are when we strip away all of the things that we think define us, is love and light. These are our birthrights. All that life tosses in our paths are just navigable obstacles in a course designed to strengthen our tools which enforces our being the light of love.

I cannot hear your words no more
ear's pressed against the earthen floor
Your thoughts no longer wear my face
my soul has won that measly race

my skin now pricked, releases the throng
of the toxic rights and righteous wrongs
snorting the light and huffing on love
of these my heart now, can't get enough

No comments:

Post a Comment