Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crayons

So today I wasn't so good at finding pieces of joy... the hurt welled up... the fear overpowered me... and the defeat just drained me. It didn't help that I drove down a street that reminded me of someone I can't resist remembering. I couldn't help but think and wonder...

My fight wages on and this warrior just keeps going. Not always with a smile, but always with at least a little bit of hope. Closing the garage door behind me I realized how hungry I was. Threw the boots into the closet and headed back to the kitchen. I started a pot of water to make some good old mac n cheese. While the water warmed I poured a glass of wine. Drinking alone never bothers me but tonight I couldn't bear the loneliness so I headed out to my patio and WHOA! Clouds so thick with distinctions that lined the sky about them, hanging so low, and framing insets of the rosiest, luminous hues. I wish my camera had done it some justice. Looks like someone got a new box of crayons today!  But isn't that just what every day is? A new box of crayons.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment