Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Animal Instinct

Last night a friend's very sweet kitty came to visit when I was resting, sprawled out on the floor. Sweet purrs and unquestioned love were her offerings. She moved in close, laying flush up against me, getting what she wanted and needed. Today when I was thinking about her and her keeper I wondered why I even question my own needs and wants. How is it that we, as the intelligent species, put so many restrictions on our own natural yearnings and their acquisitions? Why is it so hard for me to just move in close and get my purr on and warm in its glow?

This old dog is hungry for some new tricks...

Carnivorous

Prowling the hills
solitary we hunt
for sustenance,
we scour the earth

Finding the kill
that pertinent fill
but rooting for pain
we’re just hungry again

Rip it to shreds
mouth dripping with blood
Coming up for air
we have nothing to fear

Can you survive the stream
Of the blood that flows
Can you rip it to shreds
Will you break bread with me

Will you wear the warm pelt
As we worship the sun
And peacefully slumber
Once the feasting is done

Can the warmth of our flesh
thaw the raw of our souls
Can the depth of our truths
quench us, hungry carnivores

As they lay in the dirt
our hearts beating aloud
They poke and they laugh,
The finger pointing crowd

Can you swim up the stream
Of the blood that flows
Can you rip it to shreds
Won't you break bread with me

No comments:

Post a Comment