Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Burnin' one

It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I am in love.  After so many years of bad choices and heartaches my soul has found a true home to share- The Unity Center.

The reverend, Wendy, talked about how we needed to let go of what/all of the things that were holding us back, or keeping us from being our best, true selves.  There was mention of weeds and how we need to plant good things so that the weeds don't take over.

"Up until now" was the first list that we were to scribe, which included those things that have been holding us back.  My list included fear, guilt and ... can't remember.  Guess the exercise worked!  All 1,000 or so of us took turns marching in a slow line to the patio where the burning bowl's flames tossed the sweet scent of burning shortcomings wafting through the air.  I heard muffled cries and nose blowings every so often and when I looked around, noticed a lot of teary faces.  In spite of the heaviness of my empathetic heart, all I could feel for myself, was how lucky I am that life had already taken, then taught me so much that there is no worry anymore, about letting go.

I am free!


"Oh what possibilities" was the second mini message of the morning. Oh what work I have ahead of me, as I realize what I have come here for.

The touch stone was the final touch.  We were each handed a small white tile upon entering the sanctuary.  Wendy invited us to quiet our mind, get out of our own way, and open ourselves up to one word.  That one word would be what we need to touch upon throughout the year, to help ourselves grow the most.  I thought for sure that my word was courage.  But as soon as I stepped aside and breathed through my heart, a beautiful aqua light flooded through me, nudging, "JOY."  So I scribbled Joy! on  my touchstone.

Sitting there for hours, which seemed like minutes, I realized that I couldn't have been happier, than at that very moment.  I was surrounded by beautiful people and there was nothing but hope, promise and happiness in front of me.  High on life.  I've heard that one a million times but I never before knew this particular meaning.

When we were done burnin' our bowls and touching heaven , a fantastic friend and I had the munchies so we headed off and inhaled the beauty of life some more over some stone soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment