Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

well spent

You know those days when you just feel good about how it all went. The work, the fun, the chores, your hair...

Never mind the hair- it did NOT look good today.

The air is so beautiful tonight with a pinch of cold chilling the deep blue sky. About an hour ago I was climbing up the canyon just letting my mind wander. You know those minutes where, while driving, you realize that you haven't been paying attention? Trying to remember where your thoughts went is futile- but I drill myself until I quit, laughing. Waking from one of those moments today I saw two of my favorite things- rocky, green hills and deep blue sky with scattered gray-white clouds.

Takes my breath away every single time.

This is my favorite day of the year. Tomorrow will be a good one, but today is the one where I am most filled with excitement and hope. It is the singular moment which pivots between satisfaction and anticipation. Celebrating a life that has been mostly well-lived, bearing fruits of love and goodness.  It has been a year filled with hard-won peace and harmony.  And I still get to look to what is yet to come... an ever-expanding, wonderful me whose facets are truly beginning to sparkle.

I'm looking out to the hills where the light slides in sideways in the evening. The magnificent peaks are dwarfed by the voluminous clouds, no longer white. My spirit is so very grateful for the beauty I see and feel in every thought, motion, dream and heartbeat. This day heralds the carving of a milestone, and the beginning of something of which I have not yet dreamt.  And I will celebrate it with a fabulously feminine frock, a  self-indulged gift (I acted very surprised when I opened the mail today!), cake (at least twice) and hopefully... if all goes well... some really good hair.

Happy Birthday to Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment