Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

not4me


You hear me think and know my thoughts
And how I seem to be
Yet in the quest for peace at last
You do not think of me

You dance the corner, Wallflower
Slowly, moving time
But when I take the floor again
You skip this dance of mine

You listen as I sing out loud
Mouthing every word
And when the chorus comes around
Your voice is never heard

You talk to those who fill your flock
And tell them what should be
But when I try to share your thought
You do not talk to me

You wait silent in the farthest row
Though the lights have all gone out
No one’s left to see you bow
Alone, you scream and shout

I think of you, alone at night
I dream your dreams for free
It doesn’t cost a thing, this time
Oh, you should think of me

No comments:

Post a Comment