Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HE turned the water into wine


.
Stepping in time with the notes promptly plucked
I dance to this rhythm as the music is played
The magic's sway, is like floating on a cloud
I ride this gem stream that pulls me far, far away

Through the park I run well past light’s turn to dark
Unaware of the frights that hide behind bushes
Laughing out loud seems my only defense
Til you hear, chase, and then push me down

Wash your face and hands, and then take a seat
Sit down a while, here- swallow this treat
You’ve been running so long, my wrong-way child
It’s time to slow down, to stop running so wild

Back on my feet I’m moving again
Don’t even know where I’m going this time
What I do know is that this road is the vein
That pumps and fuels this dance's time

Don't you know, momma, this dance is my choice,
A heart beat’s rhythm, an unrehearsed voice?
Why do you always try to change my mind?
Momma, you drink the water, and I’ll drink the wine

This dream spin of yours, surely will kill me
Listen to my truth, just swallow this pill
What the hell is wrong with you, my blackened child?
How dare you choose this call of evil?

You never saw the things I did
and never heard the songs I chimed
You just sat in the corner blaming me
for your numbing fear of dancing . . . of dying

Isn’t happiness the visceral choice,
The choir’s sweet, melodic voice?
My heart is my mind, Momma, as I dance in time
So you drink the water, and I’ll drink the wine
.

No comments:

Post a Comment