Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm listening

.
This morning's walk was a long one. Slow in pace, I seemed to enjoy the labor of the long, deliberate lunges up the steep rocks. I felt a magnificent presence walking beside me and it was wonderful. At times it walked in silence as if it were respecting my somber solace. Then came whispers of encouragement which were like lyrical lullabyes to soothe my achy weariness. There was that drift that I seem to ride and it took me to another place. Today's destination was unfamiliar yet very comfortable. Remember the boy in the bubble? That's what I felt like- kinda gliding along, knowing that nothing would harm me.

I just kept walking before I realized that I did not know where I was. No matter. A quick rest, a babbling stream's refreshment and we turned around.

I've had more than one prompt of late, that has reminded me to be careful what I wish for. So I'm holding off on wanting. This isn't about me or what I want. I'm just here- humble, awake, aware, alive and...

ready

No comments:

Post a Comment