Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Say my name


You know, sometimes


Even when I smile - I'm drowning inside





In a pool of tears


All welled up hidden deep inside


He said I was pretty

And we talked for a while


He didn’t know my name


But he sure knew my smile



(Sometimes, although

You hear me laugh - I'm dying inside)





He told me about


His wounded old heart


His bent, broken love


was his shiny new art





Sometimes although


you touch me inside - I sit here so lonely





In a heap of fear


All huddled up - and cold inside




He talked of his love


And he held it so close


I tried to see what he had


But he held it too close





He looked in my eyes and


He touched my soft face


So I held his sweet hand


And tried to tell him my name




sometimes when


You watch while I dance -


I


can't


even


breathe




No comments:

Post a Comment