Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rehab

Spreading through my veins
it seeps into my art
the pulsing, quickening effusion
of your placebo steals my heart

Lay me down and knock me out
your touch is like a drug
I fall into your clutches, hiding
til the morning wakes me up

Your love is like a drug
but I'm the one addicted
Starved, I reach for your dripping needle
as my mind grows more conflicted

Drowning in this rush of blood
can this mayhem somehow sustain me?
I crave another hit from you
for your love has cut me deeply

Pain, pain go away, don't come back another day


No comments:

Post a Comment