Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Friday, March 14, 2014

My runaway shadow

The dream where you swept in and saved me
from the dreariness of happiness as
some believed happiness would be

Do you remember how we once left to save ourselves?
As if the love of another could have made or broke us
In the light I can see now that staying here in your fire
is the only way to save me from burning
the only way to believe in love is not
to require the love of another,
but to know the holiness of your own omniscient soul
your own shining salvation

   no question left

Give
give it all away

   Only that is love

I know this is true
because I saw it in your own face
when you were looking at me
Your "ordinary" goodness made me
realize how common love really is, and
not just some slumber's illusory dreams
played in time with the swollen breath of my lullaby
blowing out the candles, the night becomes me

You save me
from myself each time you hold me up so high-
where I can feel my own abounding heart

Love is like that







No comments:

Post a Comment