Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

terrabull

I looked past the hills and valleys and I think past many raging waters and lapping shores; and saw a mother feeding her starving child with scant portions of everything but love

Skin and bones, hungry eyes. I'm not sure if greater sighs came from the mouth of the hungry child or the heart of the mother who could not feed him near enough

Yesterday I heard someone blabbering on about having to pay a little more to own the world and how she couldn't buy the best cookies any more from her bountiful store

She raged on with hatred against the people who were trying to feed the masses of starving people who needed care, people who weren't her

I swear, the world was spinning so slowly out of control today until I looked into my own heart and saw the loving mother who did not have enough, as well as the one who had more than most

And my heart asked me if I knew where in the world, the real famine was




No comments:

Post a Comment