Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Rest in pieces

To the west, the sun was waning
while I slept and dreamt this dream
In the far off east I saw the clouds
that were slowly, surely coming

There was no rain there was no moon
in the land of unanswered dreams
But in the farthest reach of east
they danced amongst the moonbeams

Have I died? Have I lived?
Have I come to know what seems
more than ever in this slumbering being
what I should have born to be

You held me close one sacred day
we danced between the raindrops' daggers
but the distant thunder cannot wake me
it does not rock, take or break me

A storm can quench a heart with waters
or fill an ear with echoes
What you choose to be
depends on where you are standing






No comments:

Post a Comment