Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Don't forget to turn on the sprinklers!

Does the desert know anything about thirsting?
Does the sky stop to think to be blue?
Does the flower ever not choose to open?
Does my heart know how to not want you?

Can't stop the rain from falling
Can't dim the setting sun
We can cut the flowers into nothing
But what good is it to relinquish love?


Why do some people decide not to love? Is the fear that bad? Are they holding on to hurt? Or was the love they had not worth the trouble? Sometimes my body and soul are wrenched in pain because of my craving for love.  I fall in love for micro minutes each time I entertain the thought of someone, as I try to be with their goodness. I can't stop crying anymore when I see that soulful love of couples-even if it's just on my television.

I can't wait for the flood where I will spin, dancing madly in its shower. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment