Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Coming into your own

couldn't be more sorry for the things I've done
my cup of tears runs over for the flood of hurt you've known
if giving all I have could ever set you free
then maybe, just maybe love would forgive the fool in me

they say everyone draws karmic penance before their day is done
i can't help but wonder though, if it's not merely self imposed
how could anyone ever be punished nearly enough
until they know the pain they caused or til their own heart bled the same

but love, they say, is each person's sweet birthright
even the wretched love and are given love
so why after all that I've done right for love
is love still holding off, not finding me worthy enough?


Lost in thought, staring into the beautiful swaying pines...two large orange dragonflies suddenly fly by. I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment