Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ashes to ashes, Us to us

Perception, aka my reality, goes down in that place where I process what is laid before me. My truth is only as poignant as my wealth of experience enhanced by an ability to process, or if I'm lucky- think beyond.

So sweet, the laying down of palms and then the donning of their ashes. It reminds me of the fire ceremony that I love to do, where I release or "repent" my shortcomings- opening the door to goodness and wonder. My gratitude for seeing this is immeasurable as it further deepens my appreciation for our similarities, our ONE common goal. We may have different ways of doing things, but we all love, we all hope and in a beautiful world- we all strive to be better.

Thank you, sweet friend, for helping me see something a little more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment