Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, January 23, 2012

2:31

Is it wrong to wonder

if there is a purpose to life
Is there really a need to endure all
of the pain, heartaches and loneliness

Is there cause at all to
wish to be something
with no cost, pain, or understanding

to ask of life, where is your gift
and then stand bewildered in the
silence of no answer

Is it wrong to question fate
when fate will happen
as it will or won't

How is it, life, that I have naught
but wait and listen for your
lovely song

Is it okay if I forget for a moment
in the face of my own need
the gifts you have already given me

I wait and I listen
for your lovely song...
is that wrong?

There must be a better question


I was a bit disappointed this morning when I realized that (according to some FB posts) I had missed the new moon. The new moon is a promise of hope for us, on which we can cast our fondest wishes. Not that I believe such things, but I do believe in new beginnings and anything that affords me some hope is always a welcome relief.

So I researched the validity of new moon wishes and then the moon's calendar. My hope was to find a magical formula for wishing that would rival the most convincing 100% money back guarantee I'd ever dared to believe. I found some pretty devoted believers who shared their hope with me. The calendar stated that the new moon was at precisely 2:31 pm on 1/23/12. Quickly I glanced down to the corner of my computer screen to check the time. It was the exact minute of the new moon, so I dedicated the next 120 seconds or so to my fondest wish.

I wished for love and affection- the kind I can both give and receive. The kind that will bring us joy, understanding and delicious companionship. A love that will transcend difficulty and make us both better- not farther apart. One that is hungry and thoughtful and generous and definitely sexy. Love that makes living so much better, redefining every taste of every raindrop or tear. One Love that fills us with wonder, not questions.

So I am wishing on every star in the moon-free night... send me my love... it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment