Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Check out time


"Be with me... I know you'll be with me."



So life deals you a hand and strangely, it's easier to fold than to play. The only outcome in folding, is losing. Work with the cards. You never know! (Don't give up)

A wound that will not heal just can't get licked enough. Maybe you can find an alternate means of survival. If you lose a leg you can sit there and moan and groan, or you can learn to hop, roll, crawl... but you need to want to. I think that there's nothing more difficult than digging through your emotional rubble, accepting your flaws, and being brave enough to live out loud, as your true and original self. You are a beautiful light within your own darkness.

Radio silence- communication breakdown. I'm sorry. I needed a little space to re-fuel and prepare. Thank you for hanging- for caring, for hovering, for loving my strength in spite of my weakness. I'm a little scared, but comforted knowing that you are there waiting. Love is an amazing salve and it will get me through this. (Well... love, some sedatives, an incredibly wonderful posse of friends, and a few tubes of Percocet!)

Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Tubes of percocet? I didn´t know it came as a cream. That´s some powerful stuff. I passed out, and my head knocked a whole in a friend´s wall while I was under the influence of post-op percocet. I´m glad I didn´t break my neck!

    Your opening lines remind me of one of my favorite Rush albums, and the title song, Roll the Bones.

    ..if the cards are cold, don´t go foldin´, Lady Luck favors the bold..

    :)

    ReplyDelete