Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Moonlight Beach



Slipping away into a little catnap, I awoke an hour later to the most glorious bluish light flooding the sky, my balcony, the hills and my room. Why that light energizes me so, is a mystery to which I gladly submit, each time it beckons me.


Sliding out of bed I quickly made my way to the door where the cool air almost stung my slightly scorched skin. Today was spent with one of my favorite people, on Moonlight Beach. Hours passed so quickly as she listened to me talk, exult, cry, about everything that hovers and hurts, lingers longingly, or energizes and moves me. I am so fortunate to have a friend with such a caring heart, such depth and so smart. THANK YOU!


Standing in this cool moonlight I am reminded of so many wonderful gifts that I have held in my life- most of them now mere memories, but sensations which still arouse me. I moved out onto the balcony to see as much of the moon as I could, before it would sneak into hiding behind the roof. I was starting to shiver from the contrast of the cool on my hot skin, but it was easily ignored. Finally, it slipped away... I couldn’t see the moon anymore.. but its light still shone on me.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment