Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Careless whispers

Ask of me anything you want
take whatever it is that you think you need,
always knowing that I will surely give
for Love has made a slave of me

The memory of writing the long version of this excerpt of a poem is among the sweetest of my heart's affections. Maybe I'm crazy but it seems that the people to whom I've selflessly given love in spite of my knowing that I wouldn't be getting it back in a tangible form, are the ones I remember the most fondly.

A mere 10 years to re-alize myself. It's like ascending to the stratosphere with there is no antonym for clarity. I think I might even hear some angels singing. Or perhaps I'm experiencing a delusion of grandeur.  If the truth is something different than this, I would like to know it someday, should Truth find me worthy of its knowing. I do know this, though:The number of truths that touch us are as infinite as the souls multiplied their many realizations, knowings, or learnings. There is no end to this massive, masturbatory orgy of life.

Don't stop. But every now and then, bow to what waits for you. There is no formula for success, other than to be re-born in every moment or opportunity where love calls you in. Whether your heart is warmed or frozen, just stfu and listen sometimes.

So to re-write this excerpt in an acceptably apropos language to love and life, I offer this:

Let me take from you everything I want
Oh, let me Give you everything you think you need
For my Love surely gives
As it has been given, to me

#newversion  #wordsgonewild  #bewithme

Oh you sad, sad fool:
Love is undeniably, your anchored rule
But you smirk that sly, wise smile
for you know what cannot be denied...

And I, I bow in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment