Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pennance

Writing my wrongs in this black box of shame
Humming some hims to erase all the blame
Kneeling before you, I’s lowered in shame
As pen-nance releases my runaway game

Whisper my seek-ret through theses cuts in the steal
Where you hear me, and hold me and tell me to feel
So I squirm and erupt as I rise to my heal
Shedding shame’s ugly skin, for flesh's a-peel

Holding me farther away from your hearth
where my lips cannot bellow your prodigal spark
Where our fire dares not flare to then fall apart
Hold me where the flame is real, not a shot in the dark

Righting your wrongs in this black box- no shame
Kneeling before me you bowed down and I came
I dream of melting your tower of shame, and
I burn slowly, warmly- please don't dampen this flame

Til we whisper our secrets through the holes in this fence
The wall crumbles between us, as we move to confess
And we shed all the wrongs, and move on to the best
In the light, in this love, we are truly the blessed


Pen-nance: The act of writing your wrong


Something old, something new...   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment